This week we are going to continue to use the NCETM Home Learning videos. These lessons are exemplary maths lessons, and will recap previously learnt concepts in a deeper way. Although your children may believe they have learnt what the teacher is explaining, in fact it is taught in a much deeper way than we have had the opportunity to do, so far this year.
The teachers on the videos provide challenges throughout the videos, but also one main challenge at the end of the video. You can submit these challenges via Dojo at the end of the lesson, but they will also be explained and worked through at the beginning of the next video.
11. Introduction to same difference
12. Contexts which focus on where the difference is kept the same
13. Use the language of minuend, subtrahend, and difference
14. Transform calculations using the same difference
15. Practice: transforming calculations to make them easier to solve mentally